Friday, December 13, 2013

A New Direction and Healing...

I've been watching silently as something miraculous begins to slowly, slowly unfold in my home.

We are taking a new route with our homeschooling this year, and an odd side-benefit is that I am seeing the kids attach more deeply to us as parents. For us, homeschooling these kiddos has been a huge blessing.

Our unconventional way of learning means that I am intimately involved in my kids lives. Not in an intrusive "you need to do this" sort of way, but in a way that flips learning on to them. It's the "watch me mom" way that little kids have. Just as a small child says "watch me mom" a million times a day, through our learning, I have those moments all day every day.

My kids, no longer needing to fit into my mold, are welcoming me into the lives they are molding.

We talk, we explore, we live life full-force with each child, and they are allowing us to attach. We are beginning a beautiful dance together as a family. The changes in all the dynamics are so very good. My kids are beginning to feel valuable as people and it is showing.

Baby steps toward healing.

2 comments:

Mamita J said...

I'm still here! :-) But somehow my reader did not pick up any of the last 5 posts! I thought you were just being silent... Glad to hear of baby steps. Every little step is huge even though it's small.

Thandi said...

"..towards healing." Great direction to travel in. Wishing you and yours more peace and contentment.

Isaiah 58:7, “Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wander shelter, when you see the naked to clothe him, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?”